Friday, February 20, 2009

I don’t know how much longer I can tolerate it

I know it shouldn’t matter, but one of the best examples of hypocrisy happened today. I have a co-worker who has a birthday on Sunday. Of course the office went out for lunch for her birthday; we signed the obligatory card and even had cake and ice cream. Well today she received a small bouquet of flowers from another member of our team located in another state.

This is the funny part, almost on a daily basis this co-worker complains, speaks ill of and escalates any issue to upper management about this person. Now if it were me, I would feel like an ass or heel. Of course this girl didn’t at all. She called the person who sent her the flowers, thanked her and carried on a small conversation; afterward she started in again about how nice she was to call her back but the girl was still an idiot. I wonder if the other worker would send the flowers if she knew what my co-worker really thought about them.

I should record what I hear daily in this department. You then could witness the phenomenon and hear for yourselves how people can be extremely nice and polite one minute and nasty and vicious the next.

Hopefully you can understand why I dont speak at work.

Disappointing

No comments: