Friday, June 26, 2009

Life . . . or lack thereof:

Well yesterday was interesting. We had two Celebrities die. One almost could have slipped away without notice and the other was of Iconic proportions. (Not physically)

Now I am not hit hard by death as …..Well it seems everyone. Yeah it’s sad, but it happens and we all have our time, and it WILL come, there is no way around that. I wasn’t making a big deal of it and actually grew tired of all the coverage.

So this morning I am driving to work and of course the only things you can hear on the radio are the recent deaths of both celebrities. Fine…. I understand our society feels like the world revolves around entertainers. (Look at the following of Miley Cyrus or Jonas brothers) As I am listing something a caller said just hit me slightly wrong. Now on a radio show you can’t easily tell the ethnicity of a caller unless you are given certain indicators. This caller started out by saying how sad she was and how much of a great entertainer Michael Jackson was. I completely agree with that. You couldn’t have lived through the 80’s without knowing who Michael Jackson was. I don’t think it was possible.


After the caller said that she then said that the loss was even worse because now they only have Barrack left. Why does the race card has to come up all the time? Michael even said himself that it doesn’t matter if you are black or white.

He was a great entertainer, showman and had enormous talent. Leave it at that.

No comments: