Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The stuff you hear:

I have mentioned in past posts that I am a cube rat. I come to work and sit in a box all day long. At times I am surprised they haven’t installed a crap hole in one corner and attached a water bottle to a wall.

The other thing about cubes is that they aren’t very sound proof, but for some reason people seem to think they are. Maybe more of society lives by the thought that if you can’t see me you can’t hear me? I don’t know.

To my point, we have a person in the office that spends more time at work on personal maters then work matters. Unfortunately they are in management so they are able to get away with more then the average worker. (Another rant in the making) ANYWAY, they are recently going through a split up and in the early stages of a divorce. On one hand it’s sad to hear the drama but on the other hand – karmas a bitch.

Another co-worker rants and raves about how stupid the sales people she is paid to support are to others within the company over the phone. Unfortunately those she complains to work with those she is complaining about. Also her volume levels could rival that of a rock concert in a stadium. What posses’ one to feel the need to talk so loud?

All of this makes me realize the wisdom people like the Unabomber had when they choose the secluded office space they worked in. I think another dying aspect of society could be discretion. What if anything is handled privately anymore? Is it done publicly because people are looking for sympathy? Are they looking for approval of their decisions? I can’t imagine they are doing it to show those around them their true colors or are so starved for attention they have chosen this route. Of course that wouldn’t surprise me; look at Perez Hilton, that joker would seem to do anything for attention.

No comments: